The Guide to Fashion Month on TikTok in the MENA region
Ain Alalam – Rashad Iskandrni
Riyadh, KSA: This Fashion Month, TikTok is launching a platform for fashion brands and enthusiasts to create an immersive, virtual celebration of all things style. Through a series of LIVE streams and hashtags, TikTok is bringing the excitement of the runway to the platform.
From now until March 18th, TikTok is inviting fashion houses, creators, celebrities, and its community from around the world and the MENA region to inspire creativity and celebrate everything the region has to offer when it comes to Fashion. From the region’s leading fashion houses to homegrown brands and creators, everyone is invited to celebrate Fashion Week on TikTok. Throughout the month, fashion content is expected to take over TikTok whether through styling tips, runway trends recaps, interviews with designers and fashion icons and streaming of runway shows.
Rami Zeidan, Head of Video and Creative at TikTok MENA said: “As we enter 2021 with new hopes, we are building on the creativity of fashion enthusiasts and designers in the MENA region by offering them a platform to showcase the latest trends and bring the excitement of the runway to TikTok. This TikTok Fashion Month will bring together celebrities, fashion houses and style aficionado to bring fashion content on TikTok to the next level and help connect our users to their passions while discovering their talents.”
Runway & LIVE Schedule
Now through March 18th, TikTok is hosting a series of LIVE streams featuring runway shows and moments with the TikTok community’s favorite fashion icons and creators.
- March 4: Nahed El Sebaai will be sharing her fashion, beauty hacks and tips on how to get dressed for different occasions
- March 8: Balmain will host it’s fashion show live on TikTok
- March 11: Joelle Mardian will be talking all things makeup and beauty through a live tutorial about how to create a signature look
Saudi TV Presenter Lojain Omran will also be taking part in the live sessions. Lojain will talk about her favorite fashion items, brands, and showcase how she picks her wardrobe items both when shopping offline and online.
Try These #Hashtags On For Size
All Fashion Month long, the TikTok community is invited to share their best runway looks, style tips, and more by using these hashtags:
- #2021Colors: Show us any look you can put together by layering cool looks using the 2021 Pantone colors, illuminating and Ultimate Gray.
- #FashionWishlist: Use the green screen sticker to show us the 5 favourite fashion items or accessories on your wishlist this fashion season!
- #FashionTips: Give us your best #fashiontip in a quick video. It could be Q&A based with creators replying to users with video.
- #RecreateALook: Use the green screen sticker to show us a famous runway or celebrity look that you will recreate at home.
The meaning and perception of luxury fashion is changing, and it’s inspiring to see fashion houses, creators, and the TikTok community leading the way. The platform is excited to see the TikTok community come together this Fashion Month and continue to drive creativity, inclusion, and authenticity in fashion.